Updated Feb 22, 2017
- Yard Waste - With the nice weather we've experienced in the last few weeks many residents have taken the opportunity to work out in their yards and get a jumpstart on spring yard work. Township wide yard waste pickup will begin April 1st. Until then you have the option of either holding on to your yard waste (receptacles or bags must be stored on the side yard behind the front of your home or in back of your home - not in the front yard) or you may take it to Orchard Hill Landfill in Watervliet. The landfill will charge you $1 per bag.
- Winter 2016 Property Taxes are due in our office by 5pm on Tuesday, February 14th, 2017. Sorry, but as always, no postmarks will be accepted as date of payment. After February 28th taxes are delinquent and need to be paid at the Berrien County Treasurers office.
- At the February 6, 2017, St. Joseph Charter Township Board of Trustees meeting, an ordinance was approved to rezone Property #11-18-0135-0010-08-6, 2168 Washington Ave, from the current zoning of B2 (Retail and Service Business) to R2 (Single Family Residential). Copies of the ordinance are available at the Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, St. Joseph, MI 49085, or by clicking here.
- Dog licenses are now available at the Township Hall. If you had a dog licensed in the current year, you should have received your new license paperwork in November. Please remember to bring this paperwork with you. Check your certificate to make sure the shots are not expired. If all paperwork is current, we will validate the license for you, and issue you a tag. If you have a new dog that has not been licensed previously, please bring your Certificate of Rabies Vaccination and proof of neutering/spaying. This paperwork is required by law prior to issuance of a new license.
- A new Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Law went into effect on July 1, 2015. Please feel free to review the updated documents below, and if you have any questions, contact the Township Clerk at (269) 429-7703.
- Property tax information is available online at https://www.is.bsasoftware.com. Our information is listed under “Berrien County Municipalities”. Tax inquiries for property owners are free for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $2.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information. Just follow the directions to set up your account. If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (269) 932-0269.
Updated Feb 22, 2017
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Bi-Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2017 Dates the Office will be Closed
Monday, January 2nd - New Year's Day
Friday, April 14th - Spring Holiday
Friday, May 26th & Monday, May 29th - Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, July 3rd & Tuesday, July 4th - Fourth of July Weekend
Friday, September 1st & Monday, September 4th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 23rd & Friday, November 24th - Thanksgiving
Friday, December 22nd & Monday, December 25th - Christmas