Updated Apr 17, 2015
- The St. Joseph Township Public Works/Parks Department is looking for part-time seasonal employees for this summer. Employees will be responsible for general park maintenance, mowing, and trimming. Must be 18 years of age, and available to work weekends.
Questions should be directed to the Public Works Supervisor, Dick Beebe, at (269) 208-1593. Applications can be picked up at the Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave.
- At the February 2nd Board Meeting, a new sign ordinance was adopted. Click here to review it in its entirety.
- Yard waste pickup has resumed! You can now place your yard waste out by the road on your regularly scheduled trash pickup day.
- The 2015 Principle Residence Exemption filing deadline is June 1st for new home purchases only. If you already have an exemption you do not need to re-file.
- Landfill Passes are now available for pickup at the Township Hall. They will be valid for the following dates:
April 17th & 18th, 24th & 25th
May 8th & 9th, 15th & 16th
- Absentee ballot applications for the upcoming May 5th Special Election are now available. Please call the clerk’s office at (269) 932-0271 to request your application be put into the mail!
- The 2014 tax collection cycle is now complete. If you have unpaid 2014 property taxes, please contact the Berrien County Treasurer at (269) 983-7111 ext 8569 for information on current amounts due and for all other payment information or questions.
- Property tax information is available online at https://www.is.bsasoftware.com. Our information is listed under “Berrien County Municipalities”. Tax inquiries for property owners are free for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $2.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information.
Just follow the directions to set up your account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (269) 932-0269.
- When scheduled, links to special meeting information will appear below.
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Bi-Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2015 Dates the Office will be Closed
Friday, April 17th - Spring Holiday
Friday, May 22rd & Monday, May 25th - Memorial Day Weekend
Thursday, July 2nd & Friday, July 3rd - 4th of July Weekend
Friday, September 4th & Monday, September 7th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 26th & Friday, November 27th - Thanksgiving
Friday, December 25th - Christmas
Friday, January 1st - New Year's Day