Updated Dec 2, 2016
- St. Joseph Charter Township has extended yard waste pickup through December 8th! The last sweep of the Township will be done on Friday, December 9th.
- Christmas Trees will be collected January 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th. Please be sure to have your tree out by the road on your regular scheduled day for that week!
- At the November 21, 2016 St. Joseph Charter Township Board of Trustees meeting an ordinance was adopted establishing and implementing a program to recover user fees and costs for the deployment of public safety (police, and/or fire, and/or ambulance) services rendered by St. Joseph Charter Township. Copies of the ordinance are available at the Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. Click here to view the ordinance.
- At the November 21, 2016 St. Joseph Charter Township Board of Trustees meeting an ordinance was approved to adopt a zoning change on Niles Road. A copy of the ordinance amendment has been posted in the lobby at the Township Hall. Click here to view the ordinance.
- Winter tax bills were mailed out on November 30th. If you have not received your tax bill by December 10th, please call Jan Lausch at (269) 932-0269 and let her know.
- Please note the following dates that the Township Hall will be closed:
Friday, December 23rd - Christmas Weekend
Monday, December 26th - Day After Christmas
- St. Joseph Charter Township COMMUNITY VISION:
- A new Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Law went into effect on July 1, 2015. Please feel free to review the updated documents below, and if you have any questions, contact the Township Clerk at (269) 429-7703.
- Property tax information is available online at https://www.is.bsasoftware.com. Our information is listed under “Berrien County Municipalities”. Tax inquiries for property owners are free for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $2.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information.
Just follow the directions to set up your account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (269) 932-0269.
Updated Dec 2, 2016
- When scheduled, links to special meeting information will appear below.
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Bi-Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2016 Dates the Office will be Closed
Friday, January 1st - New Year's Day
Friday, March 25th - Spring Holiday
Friday, May 27th & Monday, May 30th - Memorial Day Weekend
Friday, July 1st & Monday, July 4th - Fourth of July Weekend
Friday, September 2nd & Monday, September 5th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 24th & Friday, November 25th - Thanksgiving
Friday, December 23rd & Monday, December 26th - Christmas