Updated Jan 17, 2017
- At the January 3, 2017, St. Joseph Charter Township Board of Trustees meeting, an ordinance was introduced to rezone Property #11-18-0135-0010-08-6, 2168 Washington Ave, from the current zoning of B2 (Retail and Service Business) to R2 (Single Family Residential). Copies of the ordinance are available at the Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, St. Joseph, MI 49085, or by clicking here.
- Winter tax bills were mailed out on November 30th. If you have not received your tax bill yet, please call Jan Lausch at (269) 932-0269 and let her know.
- Dog licenses are now available at the Township Hall. If you had a dog licensed in the current year, you should have received your new license paperwork in November. Please remember to bring this paperwork with you. Check your certificate to make sure the shots are not expired. If all paperwork is current, we will validate the license for you, and issue you a tag. If you have a new dog that has not been licensed previously, please bring your Certificate of Rabies Vaccination and proof of neutering/spaying. This paperwork is required by law prior to issuance of a new license.
- At the November 21, 2016 St. Joseph Charter Township Board of Trustees meeting an ordinance was adopted establishing and implementing a program to recover user fees and costs for the deployment of public safety (police, and/or fire, and/or ambulance) services rendered by St. Joseph Charter Township. Copies of the ordinance are available at the Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. Click here to view the ordinance.
- At the November 21, 2016 St. Joseph Charter Township Board of Trustees meeting an ordinance was approved to adopt a zoning change on Niles Road. A copy of the ordinance amendment has been posted in the lobby at the Township Hall. Click here to view the ordinance.
- A new Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Law went into effect on July 1, 2015. Please feel free to review the updated documents below, and if you have any questions, contact the Township Clerk at (269) 429-7703.
- Property tax information is available online at https://www.is.bsasoftware.com. Our information is listed under “Berrien County Municipalities”. Tax inquiries for property owners are free for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $2.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information.
Just follow the directions to set up your account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (269) 932-0269.
Updated Jan 17, 2017
- When scheduled, links to special meeting information will appear below.
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Bi-Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2017 Dates the Office will be Closed
Monday, January 2nd - New Year's Day
Friday, April 14th - Spring Holiday
Friday, May 26th & Monday, May 29th - Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, July 3rd & Tuesday, July 4th - Fourth of July Weekend
Friday, September 1st & Monday, September 4th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 23rd & Friday, November 24th - Thanksgiving
Friday, December 22nd & Monday, December 25th - Christmas