Updated Sep 18, 2015
- Landfill Passes are now available for pickup at the Township Hall. They will be valid for the following dates:
October 2nd & 3rd, 9th & 10th, 16th & 17th, and 22nd & 23rd
- Zoning Board of Appeals Vacancy:
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a six person board which meets to hear and decide questions that arise in the administration of the Zoning Ordinance, including the interpretation of zoning maps, appeals of administrative decisions, and appeals for variances from the strict interpretation of the Zoning Ordinance.
The Zoning Board of Appeals does not meet on a regular basis, but rather will hold a meeting when an issue arises. Meetings are held at the St. Joseph Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, in the Board Room. For more information, please click here.
- The Township is looking to gather feedback on possible revisions to the Township's Master Plan. Feel free to stop by the Township Hall, located at 3000 Washington Ave, or click on the below listed links for more information. All community residents are welcome and encouraged to offer their opinions on these potential improvements.
Master Plans are required by the state for all governmental units that have zoning authority and provide guidance for future private and public development for the next five to twenty years.
- A new Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Law goes into effect on July 1, 2015. Please feel free to review the updated documents below, and if you have any questions, contact the Township Clerk at (269) 429-7703.
- Property tax information is available online at https://www.is.bsasoftware.com. Our information is listed under “Berrien County Municipalities”. Tax inquiries for property owners are free for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $2.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information.
Just follow the directions to set up your account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (269) 932-0269.
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Bi-Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2015 Dates the Office will be Closed
Friday, April 17th - Spring Holiday
Friday, May 22rd & Monday, May 25th - Memorial Day Weekend
Thursday, July 2nd & Friday, July 3rd - 4th of July Weekend
Friday, September 4th & Monday, September 7th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 26th & Friday, November 27th - Thanksgiving
Friday, December 25th - Christmas
Friday, January 1st - New Year's Day